The Aims and Objectives of the University of Basra
- 1-To Prepare manpower which is qualified scientifically, professionally and ethically in the different fields of knowledge to meet the needs and requirements of the labor market.
- 2-To Invest in the human mind to achieve innovation and excellence at the local and global level.
- 3-To Promote scientific research to support the strategic plans of the university, serve the development and to contribute to knowledge enrichment in general.
- 4-To achieve the notion ‘productive university’ that has a clear impact on itself and the society by making use of new technologies and advancement in science and knowledge to serve and develop the community.
- 5.To continuously improve and develop the curriculum, skills and scientific technical and administrative capacity to improve the performance of all the university employees.
- 6-To provide an excellent working environment for students, faculty and staff that reassures and provides opportunities for creativity and innovation.
- 7-To preserve Arab and Islamic heritage and moral virtues.
- 8-To apply quality standards as an aim and means to obtain international recognition and accreditation.